Theme Explorer

Page 2 of 2 23 Records Found
12

Stafford views

A colour-tinted postcard with six views of Stafford: the Castle, the Picture House, Victoria Park, Rowley Park, Newport Road, the Gaol. Postcard published by William Shaw of Burslem.

The Avenue, Stafford Castle

The castle to the south-west of the town was built in the fourteenth century by Ralph de Stafford, on the site of an earlier Norman wooden castle. In December 1643, during the English Civil War (after ...

The Old Chancel, Rugeley

The original stone church consisted of a nave and chancel and was built on land known as Puysland Farm. The De Puy family were Stewards to King Stephen around 1150. Only the 14th century tower, the chancel ...

View near Mill, Stafford

The mill was built by George Brewster in 1834, on the site of the medieval town mill. It was demolished in 1957 and the land became part of Victoria Park; the mill wheels are still preserved where they ...

Watch tower and Church, Hamstall Ridware

On the left is the 'watch tower', part of the ruined remains of Hamstall Hall, the old manor house of Hamstall Ridware. The Hall dates from the early 17th century, and was built not long after Sir Thomas ...

12